Friday 24 April 2009

15 minutes of PLAYTIME

I haven't written a blog entry in a while so what the hey, I'll wing this one, seeing as I have nothing specific to write about, I just feel like blogging until I go to bed. Recently I've been getting a serious jack of all trades, master of none vibe. My largest talent is writing and fillm-making, which is destined to become my career, but I've never really had any other consistent skills, I dabble. There's been judo, football, rugby, sailing, karate, American football, basketball, piano playing and accoustic guitar, but the only ones that have stuck have been my C-grade bass playing and warhammer, neither of which are all that reputable. I think it might be a little late now to take up some new hobby, I already have a passion, which is film, but lord knows I've grown sick of talking about it all the time. Besides, unfortunately, considering my being hampered by an inability to make half the films I write, it's pretty damned difficult to show off my talents, rest assured however, I know they're there. I guess I just wish I was a more naturally skilled person, even being not all that good at table football bothers me, purely because it's the only competetive outlet I have at college. If it were a pool table things would be different, I'm a lethal pool player (no, really, I am). It's the same with gaming, there's only ever been a couple of games that I've been best of all my friends at, for a while I was king of Super Smash Bros, but then other people became just as good as me if not better, so far as I know I'm still undefeated champ at Wii tennis, but that's equatable to coming first in the sack race in sports day when you're 16, gratifying, but you look a douche if you brag about it. Unfortunately, my best game, Halo, is a game none of my other friends actually own, so I'll never actually know if they'd be better if they owned it too. I'd really like to reflect on these ideas further, but it's been 15 minutes more or less so I'm gonna have to wrap this up. Wanting to be good at everything is unrealistic and I shouldn't get hung up on being shit at table football, but as soon as I get to university, I hope, I will once again be able to taste the gratification of being the best at something.

No comments: